Learning for Life
At our school we will provide an inspiring, supportive and aspirational environment built on Christian values in order to: educate all students to the highest levels of academic achievement; enable them to reach and expand their potential; to prepare them to become productive, responsible, ethical, creative and compassionate members of society.
Inspiring and Empowering People
We will achieve this through securing:
· Delivering a strong Christian values based curriculum that sees children develop into lifelong learners who are outward looking.
· Promote a learning culture for all at St. Michael’s; empowering our pupils and staff to grow in knowledge and understanding.
· Inspirational and forward-thinking leadership that empowers all stakeholders to be part of a learning culture and are committed to the pursuit of excellence and achieving the vision for the school.
· Strong and effective partnerships with parents, the wider community and beyond.
· Highly effective, creative teaching which motivates and inspires all children and supports them in achieving their best.
· An engaging, innovative curriculum which challenges all children and is responsive to their needs and talents and actively encourages learning outside of the classroom.
· Providing a nurturing environment with a positive learning culture, that is safe, exciting and challenging for all.
· Provide high quality professional training to our staff and use the latest research to drive our work.
· Provide our children with many opportunities to develop resilience, independence and self-awareness; to ask questions, learn from their mistakes and take risks, as part of an engaging, creative curriculum.
“…and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
Learning for Life
Learning for the fullness of life
Jesus said ‘I have come that you may have life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10). He calls us to a full life in mind, body, heart and spirit. Therefore we believe the purpose of education is to nurture and enable every child to thrive and to be the person they are fully capable of being. We recognise that the curriculum encompasses everything children experience at school. Whilst our curriculum will promote high standards and accelerate academic progress, it is also about uncovering and nurturing the talents within each child, developing core values and virtues, growth mindsets and essential skills for life.
Learning for Life
We strive to prepare all students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens ready to meet the challenges of the future through providing opportunities for them to develop as both leaders and stewards. In partnership with families and community, our goal is to create relevant learning opportunities for students — both inside and outside the classroom — that help them develop the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and character necessary to succeed in a technologically advanced world.
Learning to be an effective global citizen
We seek to promote confident, active members of the school, local, national and global communities; people who are passionate about making a positive difference to themselves and others and who show an informed and respectful attitude to different worldviews alongside a passion for looking after God’s creation and seeking ways to engage and look after our environment.
Learning for the future
Our curriculum is designed to equip children to be curious and confident independent learners but also responsible, resilient and caring citizens in their community. As they leave our school, we want every child to be ready to take on the next steps in their journey to adulthood with a love of learning, positive attitudes and a rounded set of values and skills to guide them. Our school culture will systematically build habits and attributes that enable our children to face difficulty and uncertainty calmly and confidently and ultimately become a transforming influence in the world.