School Council and Pupil Leaders
Making A Difference
Not only do our School Council make a positive difference to our school, they have an impact on the local community and beyond.
They are currently working on an Eco-School Project and have recently written a new school prayer.
In 2016-17, our School Council were involved in:
- Raising awareness of anti-bullying by holding a comic-strip competition for the whole school and running an special assembly.
- Raising money for the Bishop's Stortford Food Bank in a variety of ways.
- Feeding back to the PTA on what our children would prefer the Winter Disco to be like.
- Working with Miss Griffiths on a Reading Charter and deciding ways to further improve the new library in order to encourage as much reading as possible.
- Helping the Senior Leadership Team to create parts of the new school vision; related especially to the kind of curriculum our children would like.
- Surveying our children to see how they would like us to further develop the outdoor environment, including favourite book titles for our reading signpost.
- Feeding back to the Governing Body as to how they found their time on the School Council and what tips they might give to the next set of councillors!
Cake Sale 28th March 2018
The School Council raised £139.50 to raise money towards us developing St Michael's into an eco-friendly school - our first target is lighting. The children are very interested in getting motion sensor LED lights for each room in the school. This is a BIG project and only part of the work we are doing to become more eco-friendly!
At St. Michael's we also have pupils who make a difference by being Learning Champions, House Captains or as part of the Fundraising Committee.