Summer Half term 1
The children will be learning about:
- Maths- Multiplication and division strategies, fractions and decimals and measurements.
- English- Children will write a guide for schools about having chicks, a discussion text about whether zoos should be allowed, and will be writing their class assembly.
- Science- Living Things (habitats, food chains and life cycles).
- RE - The impact of Pentecost on Christians
- History- Ancient Greeks
- Art- Environment collages, sculptures and printing.
- DT- Easter/Spring biscuits.
Outdoor learning day - we enjoyed Reading, Maths, French and Geography outside in the sun, making use of our lovely grounds.
Trip to Colchester Zoo
We had a wonderful day, even though it was a little damp! The children and animals hardly noticed and we had some great sightings along with a really interesting talk about animal habitats and their resulting adaptations.
The children have been learning about how to care for their teeth and why it is so important. They made some adverts to explain their learning.